Who Are They?
Advocates are supporters of Start-Up Chile (Chileans or non-Chileans), located around the globe, who are interested in actively helping us to better serve our mission.
Why We Need You?
We want information about Start-Up Chile to reach entrepreneurs and other interested parties in any and every country on the planet. To accomplish this we are always looking for new international networks of entrepreneurs, investors and advisers for expansion that will give us access to the best and brightest entrepreneurial minds.
While Start-up Chile seeks to infuse Chile’s culture with a greater entrepreneurial spirit, it also intends to influence current and future Chilean entrepreneurs to think more globally. Repeated interactions with foreign and global entrepreneurs and a strong international network of Advocates will provide relationships and resources vital to sustained economic success and expansion for our ventures and program in the future.
What’s In It For You?
- Individual access to dynamic foreign networks that promotes global entrepreneurship and whose members are be eager to reciprocate your goodwill.
- A permanent and active relationship with Chile’s entrepreneurial environment, shaping it into the undeniable innovation and entrepreneurship hub of Latin America.
- Access to and contact with 1000 new ventures and entrepreneurs between now and 2014.
- As much as you put into it—Anything from helping us pass along information and identify new opportunities to actively interacting with and advising or assisting teams… it’s up to you!
What other Advocates currently do for Start-Up Chile
- Forward promotional messages & our bi-weekly newsletters to their networks.
- Identifying potentially interested groups and refer program candidates.
- Mentor and provide expert advice to Start-Up Chile entrepreneurs.
- Seek opportunities to talk about Start-Up Chile in their area (presenting the program to universities, incubators, mentors networks, entrepreneurship centers, meet-ups, etc.)
- Help expand our network of universities, venture capital circles, angel investors, foreign governments, entrepreneurs and/or other worldwide communities related to entrepreneurship and innovation through referrals and introductions.
- Promote local events, meet-ups, and seminars explaining the goals and the merits of the program to potential candidates.
- Join forces with other advocates in their region to create a buzz that will induce Start-Up Chile mania.
How to support our mission, and help us spread the word
We will keep you well informed about the program, selection criteria, opening and closing dates, projects involved, Start-Up Chile strategy (why we are doing this), and what entrepreneurs can find in Chile. We ask our advocates to help us disseminate the information to their networks and local areas. There are no formal requirements of Advocate. It is a volunteer opportunity to help as much as your time and resources allow.
We may reach out to you personally if a Start-Up Chile representative is traveling to your area or if a Start-up Chile project is looking to expand to your local market. We hope, if this opportunity arises, that you will be willing to assist Start-up Chile with setting up events or contacting key organizations or people in your area.